Check out my

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What to buy?


If you’re from Australia and travelled overseas or have been here from somewhere else you might know that it’s a pretty expensive country. When I first went to Japan I was surprised with the cost of things, it was much cheaper than I expected! So now that I’m planning a trip to snowy Europe I have to decide what I want to buy while I’m here and what I’ll get when I arrive. I don’t want to spend a lot on thermal clothing here if it is significantly cheaper over there. I went onto the tripadvisor Budapest travel forum the advice I was given was to buy there rather than here, so that’s what I’ve decided to do.

Some things I already own like good quality hiking shoes and a knitted hat but most other things I probably won’t buy in Australia, most things I will need should be available there, I hope :p That being said, one thing I am definitely bringing with me is a big jar of vegemite. One thing I love doing is seeing people’s reactions to trying it for the first time.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite

For my birthday (17th December) I received some fabulous gifts from my lovely friends, including some travel items I had originally planned to buy for myself (luggage tag, travel diary etc).  A few things I knew would probably easier to buy here like personal items but apart from that I won't get much else.


So that’s it for now, I’m getting excited and a bit nervous about my trip as it is only 2 weeks away now. So much to do, so many people to catch up with yet so little time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment